Whartson Hall recordings
"Because frankly you don't need an intense storytelling system... for knob gags."
Discussion forum at tekeli-li.
Music is by Kevin McLeod at incompetech.com unless otherwise credited.
Index of games:
- One-Shots and Miscellanea (various dates) (ongoing)
- Weasel's AD&D (complete - from the archives)
- Feng Shui (2007) (complete - from the archives)
- Sorcerer Introductory Scenario (2008) (complete - from the archives)
- Truth and Justice (2007-2008) (complete - from the archives)
- Dogs in the Vineyard (2008) (complete - from the archives)
- Pirates of the Spanish Maine (2008) (complete - from the archives)
- Traveller (2008) (complete - from the archives)
- Empire of the Petal Throne (2008) (complete - from the archives)
- Sorcerer Cyberpunk (2008-2009) (complete - from the archives)
- Hollow Earth Expedition (2009) (complete - from the archives)
- Traveller 2 (2009) (complete - from the archives)
- Houses of the Blooded (complete - from the archives)
- Primetime Adventures (2009) (complete - from the archives)
- Slideways (2009) (complete - from the archives)
- Rippers (2009) (complete - from the archives)
- Cold City (2009) (complete - from the archives)
- Savaged Delta Green 2 (2010) (complete - from the archives)
- Chill (2010) (complete - from the archives)
- Savaged Delta Green (2010) (complete - from the archives)
- Savage Worlds Necessary Evil (2010) (complete - from the archives)
- Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies (2010) (complete - from the archives)
- Rocket Nazis on the Orient Express (2010) (complete - from the archives)
- Savage Worlds Sundered Skies (complete - from the archives)
- Whartstock 2010: Traveller, Cold City, Tunnels and Trolls, Death in Freeport (complete - from the archives)
- Apocalypse World (2010-2011) (complete - from the archives)
- Duck Trooper (complete - from the archives)
- Slideways 2 (complete - from the archives)
- Forgotten Futures 1 Taking the Tunnel (complete - from the archives)
- Cat (2011) (complete - from the archives)
- Dust Devils (complete - from the archives)
- Backswords and Bucklers (2011) (complete - from the archives)
- Victoriana (2011) (complete - from the archives)
- Whartstock 2011: Monsters Monsters, The Mountain Witch, Super Agents (complete - from the archives)
- Forgotten Futures: Cabin 12a and Moon 02 (2013) (complete - from the archives)
- Jaws of the Six Serpents (2012) (complete - from the archives)
- Forgotten Futures Return to the Tunnel (2012) (complete - from the archives)
- Fringeworthy Rogue417 (2013) (complete - from the archives)
- Forgotten Futures Queen's Own Aerial Hussars (2012) (complete - from the archives)
- Dream Park (2013) (complete - from the archives)
- Forgotten Futures 4 Steam Pirates (complete - from the archives)
- In a Wicked Age (complete - from the archives)
- Squadron UK (2012) (complete - from the archives)
- Whartstock 2013: Heroes of Rura-Tonga, Star Wars (complete - from the archives)
- Cogs Cakes and Swordsticks (2014) (complete - from the archives)
- All Flesh Must Be Eaten (2013-2014) (complete - from the archives)
- Empire of the Petal Throne Bandit Gully (2014) (complete - from the archives)
- Warhammer FRP (2014) (complete - from the archives)
- Chill: Terror in Warwick House (2014) (complete - from the archives)
- Forgotten Futures 5 Weirdzone (2014-2015) (complete - from the archives)
- Squadron UK Brum (2015) (complete - from the archives)
- Flight 13 (2015-2016) (complete - from the archives)
- LotFP Stargazer (2015) (complete - from the archives)
- FTL (2015) (complete - from the archives)
- Tunnels and Trolls: Uncle Ugly's Underground (2016) (complete)
- GURPS Traveller: The Pirates of Drinax (2016) (complete for now)
- Pendragon: The Great Pendragon Campaign (2016-2017) (complete for now)
- Chill: Castle Dracula (complete)
- Call of Cthulhu: CtHALLOWEENulhu 2016 (complete)
- The Black Hack (2017) (complete)
- Forgotten Futures: The Fist of God (2017) (complete)
- Forgotten Futures: Escape from Shangri-La (2017) (complete)
- Whartstock 2017 (GURPS Infinite Worlds, QAGS) (complete)
- Reign of Steel: Sweeter Than Success (2017) (complete)
- Call of Cthulhu: CtHALLOWEENulhu 2017 (complete)
- The Cthulhu Hack: Save Innsmouth! A Student Documentary (2017) (complete)
- Genesys: Fallout (2018) (complete)
- Genesys: Firefly (2018) (complete)
- Forgotten Futures: Moody & Grey: The Haunting of Nellie Melba (2018) (complete)
- Strontium Dog (2018) (complete)
- Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space (2018, 2020) (complete for now)
- Call of Cthulhu: The Curse of the Kharisiri (2018-2019) (complete)
- Whartstock 2018 (Dreamland, Call of Cthulhu) (complete)
- Lovecraftian GURPS: The Fractured Mind (2018) (complete)
- Forgotten Futures: Moody & Grey: Hard Times (2018) (complete)
- Cyberpunk 2020 (2019-2020) (complete)
- Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep 2 (New York) (2019) (complete)
- Monsters and Magic (2019) (complete)
- Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep 3 (London) (complete)
- Dragon Warriors (2019) (complete)
- Upon Their Backs To Bite 'Em (2019) (complete)
- Tunnels and Trolls: Capture the Troll (2020) (complete)
- Achtung! Cthulhu (2020) (complete)
- Wharticulture (2020-) (ongoing)
- Tunnels and Trolls: Beneath Dark Elms (2020) (complete)
- Basic D&D: The Keep on the Borderlands (2020) (complete for now)
- GURPS Zombies: Service Station of the Living Dead (2020) (complete)
- Delta Green: The Wolf Who Cried Boy (2020) (complete)
- Modern AGE (2020-2021) (complete)
- Pulp Cthulhu: The Two-Headed Serpent 1 (Bolivia) (2021) (complete)
- Champions: The Island of Doctor Destroyer (2021) (on hold)
- Call of Cthulhu: Dark Carnival (2021) (complete)
- Stroboscope (2021-) (complete for now)
- Pulp Cthulhu: The Two-Headed Serpent 2 (North Borneo) (2021) (complete)
- Mutant Future (2021) (complete)
- His Body, His Flesh and His Bones (2021) (complete)
- Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep 4 (Cairo) (2020-2021) (complete)
- Traveller (Mongoose) (2021-2022) (complete)
- Tunnels and Trolls: Quest for the Seal (2022) (complete)
- Victorious (2022) (complete)
- Deryni Adventure Game (2022) (complete)
- Call of Cthulhu: Masks of Nyarlathotep 5 (Kenya) (2022-) (complete)
- Cthulhu Eternal: The Eyes of a Stranger (ongoing)
- Sentinel Comics RPG (ongoing)
- 1: Truth and Justice Session 01: A man harnessing the powers of ancient Egyptian gods, a woman using nano-technology to enhance plant life and a circus performer ninety years out of his own time join forces (more or less) to fight crime and destroy a large portion of central Manchester.
- 2: Truth and Justice Part 02: Weasel and Martin explore the boundaries of Thoth's power. Jon considers Buck Bailey's future. Sara investigates any chocolate Martin forgot to hide
- 3: Truth and Justice Part 3: The return of Steel Klaus, the astonishing revelation of Professor Carter's private life and Mr Biceps meets The Press!
- 4: Truth and Justice Session 4: More exciting and mildly crazy action from the Truth and Justice crew!
- 5: Truth and Justice Session 5: Impacting on the Surface: An all-action space adventure with a fiery cliffhanger ending, followed by some discussion of the game
- 6: Truth and Justice Crossover Special: The Super Punks join our regualr heroes for a super heroic smackdown spectacular!
- 1: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 1: A session of character creation resulting in our scurvy crew of salty seamen:
Martin: The GM.
The Lovely Emma: Lady Agatha Quimberry, aka "Bob," a girl disguised as a boy.
Zoe: Old Jackson, the saltiest of old salts. In an intriguing move for audio, he's mute.
John (Weasel): Maya, a voodoo priestess. Or ninja.
Sara: Lord Gloucester, the man with no other names.
Jon: Lord Vivian Spatchcock Campion Lavender, "The Gay Buccaneer."
Ross: Captain Cyril Marmaduke Seabeast, our delusional skipper.
- 2: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 2: Captain Cyril Seabeast and his scurvy dogs actually get on board a ship this week, in the guise of The Elusive Booby. Doubts are voiced about Seabeast's seafaring credentials and within twenty minutes of securing the ship there is talk of mutiny. All this and a voodoo priestess with a urine fixation.
- 3: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 3: Time for more one liners of dubious origin as Captain Seabeast and crew continue their adventures
- 4: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 4: Avast behind! More fun with the Seabeast!
- 5: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 5: More sea shanties and bawdy tales with the Seabeast and crew!
- 6: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 6: More bad accents and swashbuckling from the Whartson Hall crew
- 7: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 7: The crew come perilously close to colliding with some plot, but Captain Seabeast manages to navigate away from it
- 8: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 8: Tonight We're Gonna Party Like It's 1799. Lavender in danger! Seabeast in tight trousers! The GM in hysterics! This one has it all.
- 9: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 9: Lavender Remembers. A narrative finale to the Pirates game following some unfortunate technical issues. Still brilliant though!
- 1: Sorcerer Cyberpunk Session 1: Character Generation and as ever knob gags and juvenile humour abound.
- 2: Sorcerer Cyberpunk session 02: Leaving a Pristine crime scene, dealing with negative feedback and coping with a sulky computerised version of Lord Byron.
- 3: Sorcerer Cyberpunk Session 3: Episode 3: Stand by your Mantis
Jack Pristine demonstrates a little Kung Fu Fighting, Mantis realises that the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train, and Conrad shows that when trapped between a rock and a hard place he'll probably hit himself in the head with the rock.
- 4: Sorcerer Cyberpunk Session 4: Cyberpunk 4: Candle in the Wind
Conrad and Byron make a three course meal of the plot, Mantis runs for the hills and Jack... Jack does what only Jack can do.
- 5: Sorcerer Cyberpunk Session 5: Mantis adopts a small boy of dubious origin. Conrad lands himself in the... well, in exactly what you expect.
- 6: Sorcerer Cyberpunk Session 6: Jelly baby, anyone? Conrad crawls out of the sewer, Mantis and Little Jimmy descend to the basement and Mortal Danger pops over for a chat...
- 7: Sorcerer Cyberpunk Session 7: Emmanuel Override. The players discuss "nun-combat" options, the characters discuss running for their lives and things get very violent very quickly.
- 8: Sorcerer Cyberpunk Session 8: Cyberpunk episode 8: Clash of the Titans
In-flight catering for demons; the peasents are revolting! much talk about celebrity ladies; and a headlong rush to likely oblivion! An old friend makes a slightly unwelcome return in the closing moments...
- 9: Sorcerer Cyberpunk Session 9: Children of the Revolution. The bodies start to pile up as Mantis and Conrad fight their way to the shadowy figure behind the conspiracy. As their strategy of "Just twat it with a chair" begins to falter, help arrives from an unexpected source...
- 1: Houses of the Blooded Session 1: Character generation session for the game of dynastic politics, treachery, tragedy and inevitable bloodshed, written by John Wick... who appears to have designed Weasel's dream RPG.
- 2: Houses of the Blooded Session 2: I've been to a marvellous party.
Finishing character creation and beginning our first adventure.
- 3: Houses of the Blooded Session 3: 003: Duel Purpose
Silja fights a demonstration duel against a master, Alaria gets herself in a little too deep and Arek discovers that he's not the only one manipulating people. Followed by a short discussion about the game and how we are finding the rules.
- 4: Houses of the Blooded Session 4: When they met, it was moider!
The web becomes ever more tangled as Silja is drafted in to hunt for the murderer, while Alaria and Arek decide that the best way to avoid falling under suspicion themselves is to join the search. Alaria discovers more to her husband than she imagined, Silja vies for position of Chief Brown-noser and Arek wonders what to do with with all of the juicy intelligence being revealed.
- 5: Houses of the Blooded Session 5: The Duel in the Crown. The spectre of true love (or phenomenal credulity) rears its treacherous head and threatens to bring down the plans of the House of the Bear in a cascade of blood...
- 1: S L I D E Ways Session 1: What in the World?? Three complete strangers find that they have a mutual friend, but do any of them really know her at all?
Character generation, followed by the first adventure.
- 2: S L I D E Ways Session 2: Shipped Trapped in the Ice Part One. Cheon, Susie and Gordon head to civilisation and find only confusion
- 3: S L I D E Ways Session 3: That's Really Super, Supergirl part two.
A crisis of conscience for Cheon Sok, but no such qualms from "Elasti-Cop" and "Rock Chick" who can't get enough of the superhero life. The trio hit the streets under the watchful eye of their new mentor, but can he r
- 4: S L I D E Ways Session 4: That's Really Super, Supergirl part two.
A crisis of conscience for Cheon Sok, but no such qualms from "Elasti-Cop" and "Rock Chick" who can't get enough of the superhero life. The trio hit the streets under the watchful eye of their new mentor.
- 5: S L I D E Ways Session 5: "That's Really Super, Supergirl" part 3
Our heroes have successfully foiled a minor bank robbery, but how will they cope with a full-scale super-powered assault on the City Museum?
- 6: S L I D E Ways Session 6: "That's Really Super, Supergirl" part 4.
The Traumatic Trio continue their fight against Strange Attractor and her Gatling-laden gunsel Full Metal Jackie. Will they escape destruction? Will the museum? And what is that strangely familiar music in the air?
- 0: Savage Worlds Rippers Session 00: Queer Lodgings
Character generation for Pinnacle Entertainment's game of Victorian horror. The adventure itself will start next week, so if you don't want to listen to the character creation feel free to miss this one out. Players arrive as the audio progresses
- 1: Savage Worlds Rippers Session 1: Death on Dartmoor
Fearless members of The London Lodge leave the safety of The Smoke and head out into the wild and stereotyped English countryside in pursuit of a foul murderer! The game is afoot - and the foot turns out to be surprisingly large.
- 2: Savage Worlds Rippers Session 2: Our band of heroes discover that they are not the only dangerous lunatics on the loose... There are clouds on the horizon and all they can do is to hope for a silver lining.
- 3: Savage Worlds Rippers Session 03: The party tackle something fearsome and unnatural on the moor... and it isn't just Seabeast in a dress. Can they defeat the creature and put an end to the madness that created it?
Recorded at the UK Games Expo 2009, this is the final part of our first Ripper
- 1: Cold City Session 1: Berlin, shortly after the end of the war, is no place for the faint-hearted or the overly scrupulous. Three new recruits of the Reserve Police Agency set out to solve a murder, but can they possibly trust each other enough to get the job done?
- 2: Cold City Session 2: My camera never lies
Sooki, Yuri and Claude continue their investigations, following a lead to Spandau and proving that when it comes to quality they stop at nothing
- 3: Cold City Session 3: Look into the eyeball
Our RPA officers are forced to head into the depths of the Berlin underground following a further murder. Inadequately prepared, they not only lack protective gear and sufficient firepower for the task.
- 1: Chill Session 01: The heroic envoys of S.A.V.E. battle to free the world from the tyranny of Horrors from the Unknown in this scenario for the classic RPG from Pacesetter. Nick Townsend is a private detective whose enquiries turn up something better left buried.
- 2: Chill Session 02: Cal sneaks into the morgue to make sure that the dead are staying dead, while the rest of the group catch a well-earned rest. The real reason for the gangland power struggle comes to light and it's up to the S.A.V.E. envoys to deal with it
- Savaged Delta Green 01: The gang gradually comes together in the initial "flashback" part of the adventure. 1992: War has come to Iraq, but is something even more dangerous to be found there?
- 2: Savaged Delta Green session 02: Calamity begins at home as Afya tries to reconcile her secret duties with her domestic responsibilities. Meanwhile, somewhere in the desert, Mas and Burgess near their goal, stepping out of the frying pan and into the firefight.
- 3: Savaged Delta Green 03: Mas and Doc set off to find whatever sent a soldier into murderous insanity. Meanwhile, kitchen sink drama at its most extreme as Afya receives an unwelcome home visit from her doctor.
- 4: Savaged Delta Green 04: Pursued into the desert, Afya makes a desperate bid to call for help. Elsewhere, deep underground, members of the exploration team are vanishing and two of those remaining are clearly too stupid to turn tail and run for the hills...
- 5: Savaged Delta Green 05: The past catches up with Burgess and he's not happy to see it, whereas it's business as usual for Mas and Afya, but do any of them really understand what happened seven years ago beneath the sands of Iraq?
- 1: Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 01: When aliens destroy the superheroes of Earth only the supervillains are left to mount a credible resistance. In our case, credibility is pushed to the limit.
Session one begins with brief character generation then goes straight into the adventure.
- 2: Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 02: "Not the sharpest in the box."
The Magus, Orangutank and Shadow Maiden - oh yes, and Captain Redshirt - finally decide on a name for their brotherhood of badness and receive a new mission from Doctor Destruction
- 3: Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 03: Going Underground - The Power Tools face a cavern full of armed bastards.
- 4: Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 04: Compound Interest - Chafing slightly under Dr. Destruction's yoke, our truculent trio are sent on a rescue mission into a fortified former police compound. Is it one mission too far?
- 5: Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 05: Soft Cell - Shadow Maiden embarks on a course of self medication and Captain Redshirt turns his hand to graffiti
- 6: Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 06: All the way to the bank - Dr. Destruction charges the team with smashing a dangerous group who have been troubling the resistance. Can they overcome the heavily-armed drones and their mind-controlling leader, secure in a fortified base?
- 7: Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 07: Pressure Drop - The Power Tools pile on the pressure in an old-fashioned slugfest as Davros's minions try to defend the base, but it isn't long before their boss wades into the fray
- 8: Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 08: The Enemy of My Enemy - Can a turncoat alien really be trusted to help the team infiltrate Hydra's fortress? And are they really being sent to steal a 'phone booth? Stick with us as we eventually get around to a bit of gaming, some considerable distance into
- 9: Savage Worlds: Necessary Evil Session 09: Cliff and the Shadows. Hydra's clifftop base lies just ahead and the team is all set to sneak inside in their own unique fashion. All together now: "Don't split the party..."
- 0: Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies Sessiom 00: Vainglorious Basterds. The Whartson Hall Monday night crew assemble for a new game, Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies by Atomic Sock Monkey.
- 1: Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies Session 01: Inconceivable! An old crew meet their new captain, but someone else seems to have a prior claim to the ship...Is it really Frank Zappa?
- 2: Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies Session 02: Everybody must get Stoned. The crew continue to struggle with their various ill-chosen accents, while Captain Seabeast sends the ship into the dangerous asteroid fie... I mean, Sky of Stone to retrieve a mysterious item.
- 3: Swashbucklers of the 7 Skies Session 03: Aren't you a little short to be a swashbuckler? The mysterious device is activated and instantly plunges The Sky Shark into a big bowl of peril, with a side order of danger! And croutons.
- Savage Worlds: Sundered Skies Session 00: Character generation for the game of flying ships and floating islands adrift in the madness-inducing void, by Dave Blewer and Triple Ace Games.
- Sundered Skies 01: All Aboard!
Join us in a world of flying ships, floating island fragments and the ever-present glow of the mind-melting void, as our motley crew assemble to take the first job they can in a quest for honour, salvage and anything to keep the two nosy lizards happy. It looks like a simple case of tracking down a lost sailor, but you know how these things go...
- 2: Sundered Skies 02: Jack may be too stout a fellow to venture into the narrow crawlspace, but the rest of the crew brave the cramped conditions and face something weird and menacing.
- 1: SLIDEways II session 01: Set adrift on a sea of shifting alternate worlds, three strangers have had to rapidly become friends in an adventure where all that is constant is each other.
- 2: SLIDEways II session 02: Our heroes seem to have taken a step closer to home, but all is not well in Manchester. There's a surprise for the players with an old friend turning up and responsibility for the characters when they find a group of survivors in need of help.
- 3: SLIDEways II session 03: The group continues to head upwards towards the rumoured Last Balloon, but as they struggle to keep everyone together it becomes clear that they are not the only ones doing so.
- 4: SLIDEways II session 04: "You know, I'd have rather been eaten by zombies..."
- 5: SLIDEways II session 05: Rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit rabbit...
- 6: SLIDEways II session 06: The PCs are still stuck as rabbits in an episode not to be referred to as Whartsonship Down...
- 7: SLIDEways II session 07: All things must pass: it's the final part of our dimension-hopping adventure!
- 1: Forgotten Futures - Taking the Tunnel: The year is 1897 and deep beneath the busy waters of the English Channel there is excitement and hope as the new tunnel linking Dover and Calais is officially opened for business, by none other than Her Imperial Majesty The Queen-Empress Victoria! Huzzah!
- 1: Victoriana Session 01: First adventure session for the Fuzion-powered fantasy steampunk game from Heresy and Cubicle 7.
- 2: Victoriana session 02: They say that money can't buy you love, but in the case of Captain Montgomery Crouch it can have a bloody good try.
- 3: Victoriana session 03: Dragon in the Smoke: An urgent summons sees our heroes turning detective to find two children missing in the rotten heart of old London town.
- 1: Introductions: The crew gets together for the first time, and we discover our mission.
- 2: Space Accountants: This is Traveller, after all, and you don't go freebooting across the spacelanes without working the purchase and resale price modifiers.
- 3: Save Your Love: We pillage an innocent merchant ship, and deploy our devastating terror weapon.
- 4: Death Cult World: What could go wrong?
- 5: A Fishing Expedition: On to sunny Torpol, recreation world to the gentry (or Space Wigan).
- 6: A Small Misunderstanding: Running from the law, to a runner-up in the All-Imperium Most Boring Star System Competition three years running.
- 7: Sticky and Burny: Our heroes venture aboard a deserted space station. Deserted. Right.
- 8: More Yellowish-Brown: We take a short side trip to Borite, home of, well, Borite.
- 9: A Back Street, But Still Semi Upper Class, Cybernetics Parlour: We make it to the pirate world of Theev, and start our enquiries. Oddly, this involves a seedy space bar.
- 10: You'll Never Get Past The Nando's: In spite of our Overconfidence and Impulsiveness, we actually make some progress with our mission.
- 11: The Fumbling Man in the Turny Chair: Coming back after a break, we suddenly seem to have got dangerously competent.
- 12: In Bed with Roger: We finally take on the dreaded Ferrik Redthane. Who will live? Who will die? Who will get the best footage for the newsreels?
- 0: Character Generation: 42 years of history in a little over an hour - and our brave heroes start to take shape.
- 1: 485 a - The Bear and Bandit Hunt: The squires are sent to deal with a "man-eating bear", and meet more than they bargained for.
- 2: 485 b - The Battle of Mearcred Creek: The new-made knights join Uther's forces in fighting the Saxons. Well, it could have gone worse.
- 3: 486 - Sword Lake: The knights are kept back from fighting Saxons, and ride the bounds of Salisbury. Merlin makes everything more complicated.
- 4: 487 a - Lindsey Embassy: The knights go on an embassy with the King, and nobody dies in spite of their best efforts.
- 5: 487 b - Malahaut Embassy: On to Eburacum! What is it about turning up to visit, the people you came to see always seem to be out...
- 6: 488 - To Frankland: The knights cross the British Sea as part of Madoc's army, and find out the other reason why he's called a bastard.
- 7: 489 - Excalibur's Peace: The knights travel to Devon in hope of a battle... and don't get the one they expect.
- 8: 490 - Battle of Lindsey: After more winter tragedy and dead horses, the knights enter their biggest battle yet... and try for a king's ransom.
- 9: 490-491 - King's Progress and Tintagel: The aftermath of Lindsey, and gross breaches of hospitality lead to bad ends.
- 10: 492 - Three Weddings and a Kidnapping: On garrison duty in Tintagel over winter, and then things get strange.
- 11: 492 - Tried for Treason: Is it a plot? Of COURSE it's a plot. But how will our heroes get out of it?
- 12: 493 - Embassy to Eburacum: Riding attendance on their earl, the knights encounter an old ally, and show him proper hospitality.
- 13: 494 a - Embassy to Estregales: Last winter's shadow hangs heavy as our heroes head into the barbarian lands past Cardiff.
- 14: 494 b - Embassy Awry: With one knight melancholic, the knights come up against base treachery... and smite it.
- 15: 495 - The Battle of St Albans and the Infamous Feast: A highly glorious battle for these veteran knights. But it's the after party that gets you.
- 1: A Scientific Demonstration: The team of seasoned investigators spends some time avoiding the plot, but is finally drawn in... to Barrow in Furness. Music by Kevin MacLeod at incompetech.com.
- 2: An Inquest and a Sentry: Stymied from gathering information by our vow never to follow obvious clues, we attend an inquest and chase an old rumour.
- 3: Into the Pit: Boldly investigating, we find that others have been here before us. And are still here.
- 4: HMS Selene: As Cthalloweenulhu turns into Cthismulhu, we finally start getting into the sanity-losing part of the adventure.
- 5: Under the Pyramid: Into the unknown... no, no, the even more unknown.
- 6: The Terrible Egg: Bzz bz bz bzzzzz bz bz bz bzzzz!
- 1: Murder Penis: One year later, the surviving investigators are getting on with their lives, when an old flame calls up with a confused story of madness and, well, more madness.
- 2: Death Chicken: All we have to do is guard two people. How hard can it be?
- 3: Stiffarium: Complications, and we wonder what to do next. Fortunately, the police have that worked out for us.
- 4: Now That You've Got a Door, Perhaps You Can Lock It: Someone has a book they probably shouldn't have, so the mild-mannered party goes off to get some information out of him and deprive him of it. You won't believe what happens next. Or at least we don't.
- 5: Feeling It For Daddy: Things are becoming clearer. Or at least as clear as they can be when you have 7% Cthulhu Mythos. There will probably be dynamite involved.
- 6: Murder: Is It Worth It to Save the World?: A good old-fashioned Whartson Hall Flounder, taking some dark turns as we realise that whatever happens we're all doomed.
- 7: The Best We Can Do: A mildly unexpected turn into murder, animal abuse and dynamite. Well, all right, the dynamite wasn't unexpected.
- 8: The Elephant in the Room: The triumphant conclusion, in which we all do what we do best.
- 0: Of the Tipperary Zarkovs: Character generation as three grognards look suspiciously at the funny dice
- 1: Extreme Duck Rubbing: It's always tricky waking up after a nice long nap. The gunfire, the jammed doors, the weird dice.
- 2: Totally Tubular Groundhog: A fray, a fray! And we end up feeling fairly frayed, so we seek shelter and find more problems.
- 3: It was spicy, but...: The friendlies (combined with our inexperience) are more dangerous than the enemies. And we find out what Nick has been fantasising about since Twilight 2000.
- 4: Spanner to the Head: On the road again. Barely-competent bandits meet incompetent us. Maybe if we had a gun bunny in the party...
- 5: Hickbillies: Now we have a combat specialist, it'll all be much easier - oh.
- 6: A Well Known Risk of Listening Too Hard: Back into the fray, this time with a little more success.
- 7: Nobody's Going To Eat Anybody: A successful fight, for a change! And moving on, with Subtlety Nouveau.
- 8: This is not CSI Post Apocalypse: Out of the frying pan, into the nuclear fire
- 0: Long-Distance Countryside Bums: Character generation in the dark future of 2020. Which these days looks worryingly optimistic.
- 1: A Trip Up Your Own Well: Final bits of character generation, and we even start the adventure!
- 2: Come Down in the Gutter and Lick My Way of Life: Betrayal, murder, pool. Just another night in the City. Caution, may contain mallard genitalia.
- 3: Lightly Armoured Ball Gown: We try the combat system. HOW much damage?
- 4: A Learning Experience: How hard can it be to hit a guy with a car door? Or indeed to get out of a car? Or defuse a bomb? OK, that one may be quite hard.
- 5: Bringing a Missile to a Knife Fight: Leaving a trail of dead beautiful women like so many blown roses behind him...
- 6: My Clem Fandango is Clepwhackered: The real world is more advanced than the game world, but nonetheless some progress is made. As with so many adventures, it comes down to someone hanging around the docks...
- 7: Crowding Around the Ice Cream Cake: Bleed out on the docks, or set up a party in a luxury hotel? The somewhat murdery conclusion.
- 8: Subterfuge, But In A Murdery Way: A new job sees the team travel to a tropical paradise to pick up a sample of a new medical product. What could go wrong?
- 9: Flip On the Pain Editor: Into the lab with a slightly mad researcher and lots of guns. This can't possibly go wrong. Who's a pretty corporate spy then?
- 10: Personal Grooming Is Not a Pop-Tart: Time for a daring escape! All we need now is a plan.
- 11: Can I Get a Swimming Chip?: Board the ship, take a sample, back home for machine oil and medals. It'll be fine.
- 12: Taking Him As a Role Model: Several heavily-armed nutters are stuck in a bar. Oh, and there are NPCs too.
- 13: Er... I AM a doctor...: Will our heroes survive? Will they be able to live with themselves?
- 13: A Few Sweating Men: At long last, we arrive in England. Oh, is that the time?
- 14: Standard Reference Pharaoh: Investigating the British clues. Why don't we trust a man we haven't even met?
- 15: Rhythmic Pumping from Below: Or, Penetrating Penhew. Well, not the man himself. That would be silly.
- 16: A Hand Up the Greasy Chute: The penetration of Penhew continues, and we meet an unexpected ally.
- 17: A Man-Sized Hole in the Norfolk Fens: We make some plans. They probably aren't good plans. But they will be lots of fun.
- 18: Just About to Go All Sid James: The Blue Pyramid is not quite as we expect. For one thing, it's not on fire even when we leave it.
- 19: When A Man is Tired of Taking Cover in London: We trust nobody. But they do seem to be leading us in dangerous directions, so what-ho.
- 20: Take You Up the Naze: We start to plumb the mysteries of Misr House. For which the most important piece of equipment is a decent-quality fountain pen and an official-looking notebook.
- 21: Covered in Burning Crepe: All goes well. Until it doesn't. Fortunately we have a shotgun.
- 22: And Then Wee on the Jellyfish: Our subtle negotiation fails, so we use unsubtle negotiation. Many people survive.
- 23: A Modicum of Gore: Now all we have to do is clean up the ceremony.
- 24: Bumpkin Spiced Latte: Getting back up to speed with some new investigators, we start to finish up in England. Warning, contains Northern accents.
- 25: Well, They Don't Have Daiquiris: Our business in Derby comes to a conclusion, of sorts.