Whartson Hall recordings
Discussion forum at UKRolePlayers.
Music is by Kevin McLeod at incompetech.com unless otherwise credited.
Index of games:
- 01: Introductions: The crew gets together for the first time, and we discover our mission.
- 02: Space Accountants: This is Traveller, after all, and you don't go freebooting across the spacelanes without working the purchase and resale price modifiers.
- 03: Save Your Love: We pillage an innocent merchant ship, and deploy our devastating terror weapon.
- 04: Death Cult World: What could go wrong?
- 05: A Fishing Expedition: On to sunny Torpol, recreation world to the gentry (or Space Wigan).
- 06: A Small Misunderstanding: Running from the law, to a runner-up in the All-Imperium Most Boring Star System Competition three years running.
- 07: Sticky and Burny: Our heroes venture aboard a deserted space station. Deserted. Right.
- 08: More Yellowish-Brown: We take a short side trip to Borite, home of, well, Borite.
- 09: A Back Street, But Still Semi Upper Class, Cybernetics Parlour: We make it to the pirate world of Theev, and start our enquiries. Oddly, this involves a seedy space bar.
- 10: You'll Never Get Past The Nando's: In spite of our Overconfidence and Impulsiveness, we actually make some progress with our mission.
- 11: The Fumbling Man in the Turny Chair: Coming back after a break, we suddenly seem to have got dangerously competent.
- 12: In Bed with Roger: We finally take on the dreaded Ferrik Redthane. Who will live? Who will die? Who will get the best footage for the newsreels?
- 00: Character Generation: 42 years of history in a little over an hour - and our brave heroes start to take shape.
- 01: 485 a - The Bear and Bandit Hunt: The squires are sent to deal with a "man-eating bear", and meet more than they bargained for.
- 02: 485 b - The Battle of Mearcred Creek: The new-made knights join Uther's forces in fighting the Saxons. Well, it could have gone worse.
- 03: 486 - Sword Lake: The knights are kept back from fighting Saxons, and ride the bounds of Salisbury. Merlin makes everything more complicated.
- 04: 487 a - Lindsey Embassy: The knights go on an embassy with the King, and nobody dies in spite of their best efforts.
- 05: 487 b - Malahaut Embassy: On to Eburacum! What is it about turning up to visit, the people you came to see always seem to be out...
- 06: 488 - To Frankland: The knights cross the British Sea as part of Madoc's army, and find out the other reason why he's called a bastard.
- 07: 489 - Excalibur's Peace: The knights travel to Devon in hope of a battle... and don't get the one they expect.
- 08: 490 - Battle of Lindsey: After more winter tragedy and dead horses, the knights enter their biggest battle yet... and try for a king's ransom.
- 09: 490-491 - King's Progress and Tintagel: The aftermath of Lindsey, and gross breaches of hospitality lead to bad ends.
- 10: 492 - Three Weddings and a Kidnapping: On garrison duty in Tintagel over winter, and then things get strange.
- 11: 492 - Tried for Treason: Is it a plot? Of COURSE it's a plot. But how will our heroes get out of it?
- 12: 493 - Embassy to Eburacum: Riding attendance on their earl, the knights encounter an old ally, and show him proper hospitality.
- 13: 494 a - Embassy to Estregales: Last winter's shadow hangs heavy as our heroes head into the barbarian lands past Cardiff.
- 14: 494 b - Embassy Awry: With one knight melancholic, the knights come up against base treachery... and smite it.
- 15: 495 - The Battle of St Albans and the Infamous Feast: A highly glorious battle for these veteran knights. But it's the after party that gets you.
- 01: A Scientific Demonstration: The team of seasoned investigators spends some time avoiding the plot, but is finally drawn in... to Barrow in Furness. Music by Kevin MacLeod at incompetech.com.
- 02: An Inquest and a Sentry: Stymied from gathering information by our vow never to follow obvious clues, we attend an inquest and chase an old rumour.
- 03: Into the Pit: Boldly investigating, we find that others have been here before us. And are still here.
- 04: HMS Selene: As Cthalloweenulhu turns into Cthismulhu, we finally start getting into the sanity-losing part of the adventure.
- 05: Under the Pyramid: Into the unknown... no, no, the even more unknown.
- 06: The Terrible Egg: Bzz bz bz bzzzzz bz bz bz bzzzz!
- 1: Truth and Justice Session 01: A man harnessing the powers of ancient Egyptian gods, a woman using nano-technology to enhance plant life and a circus performer ninety years out of his own time join forces (more or less) to fight crime and destroy a large portion of central Manchester.
- 2: Truth and Justice Part 02: Weasel and Martin explore the boundaries of Thoth's power. Jon considers Buck Bailey's future. Sara investigates any chocolate Martin forgot to hide
- 3: Truth and Justice Part 3: The return of Steel Klaus, the astonishing revelation of Professor Carter's private life and Mr Biceps meets The Press!
- 4: Truth and Justice Session 4: More exciting and mildly crazy action from the Truth and Justice crew!
- 5: Truth and Justice Session 5: Impacting on the Surface: An all-action space adventure with a fiery cliffhanger ending, followed by some discussion of the game
- 6: Truth and Justice Crossover Special: The Super Punks join our regualr heroes for a super heroic smackdown spectacular!
- 1: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 1: A session of character creation resulting in our scurvy crew of salty seamen:
Martin: The GM.
The Lovely Emma: Lady Agatha Quimberry, aka "Bob," a girl disguised as a boy.
Zoe: Old Jackson, the saltiest of old salts. In an intriguing move for audio, he's mute.
John (Weasel): Maya, a voodoo priestess. Or ninja.
Sara: Lord Gloucester, the man with no other names.
Jon: Lord Vivian Spatchcock Campion Lavender, "The Gay Buccaneer."
Ross: Captain Cyril Marmaduke Seabeast, our delusional skipper.
- 2: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 2: Captain Cyril Seabeast and his scurvy dogs actually get on board a ship this week, in the guise of The Elusive Booby. Doubts are voiced about Seabeast's seafaring credentials and within twenty minutes of securing the ship there is talk of mutiny. All this and a voodoo priestess with a urine fixation.
- 3: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 3: Time for more one liners of dubious origin as Captain Seabeast and crew continue their adventures
- 4: Pirates of the Spanish Maine Session 4: Avast behind! More fun with the Seabeast!