The sight of the linen seemed to affect him in a very singular
manner. He could not be prevailed upon to touch it or go near it,
shuddering when we attempted to force him, and shrieking out,
-- E.A. Poe, The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym of Nantucket (1838)
...the nightmare, plastic column of fetid black iridescence,
oozed tightly onward through its fifteen-foot sinus, gathering unholy
speed and driving before it a spiral, rethickening cloud of pallid
abyss vapor. It was a terrible, indescribable thing vaster than any
subway train - a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly
self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and unforming
as pustules of greenish light all over the tunnel-filling front that
bore down on us, crushing the frantic penguins and slithering over the
glistening floor that it and its kind had swept so evilly free of all
litter. Still came that eldritch, mocking cry: 'Tekeli-li!
-- H.P. Lovecraft, At the Mountains of Madness (1936)
Listen to Improvised Radio Theatre - With Dice - a role-playing podcast.
- Campaign information
- Crimson Skies - aeroplanes and zeppelins in an alternate 1937
- Dark Conspiracy - near-future horror, and Earth is the battleground
- Horizon's Verge - PBEM of the first manned mission to Mars
- I-Cops! - Infinite Worlds meets the TV cop show
- Last Days of Atlantis - Gothic decadent sword-and-sandal romanticism in a doomed empire
- Transhuman Space including the Standard of the Man debris collection campaign
- Tempt Not the Stars - Travellereseque free trader game
- Pendragon - the Pentangel campaign
- Irresponsible and Right - a Weird War II setting with mostly subtle magic
- 2300AD - GDW's hard SF setting from the late 1980s
- Shadowrun - Cyberpunk with magic, despised by William Gibson but still good fun
- Reign of Steel - Fourteen years after the War with the Robots. They won.
- This Dim Spot - formerly the Dirty Grey Space Game. Mankind has gone to the stars - and brought his troubles with him.
- Age of Aquarius - New psis try to save their country, or at least themselves.
- Infinite Cabal - Support material for John Dallman's game of inter-world scientific magery.
- Madness Dossier - Heroic attempts to prevent the end of history.
- Heaven's Dark Hall - The early days of interstellar exploration.
- TORG - They said it couldn't (or shouldn't) be done! The Possibility Wars come to GURPS.
- General role-playing information
- Other game systems
- Recent changes